Our brand, named after its founder Chey Ciani, is proudly female-owned. Chey has always had a strong passion for discovering the perfect haircare products for her own locks, which led her to become well-known for her voluminous hairstyle. People were constantly asking her for her secrets to her salon-worthy locks.
Chey couldn't ignore the prevalent issue of plastic packaging in the haircare industry. She firmly believed that there had to be a better way so the idea for her own brand was born.
Her vision was to develop haircare products that not only delivered exceptional performance but were also free from harmful additives such as parabens, silicones, and sulfates. She wanted to offer natural and sustainable solutions without the expensive price tag and we can proudly say, we succeeded!
At our brand, we strive for maximum sustainability in our packaging. We have taken steps to minimize our use of plastic. While only some of our first-buy caps are made from plastic - as there is no better alternative on the market just yet - we encourage our customers to opt for refill caps when repurchasing. This enables us to avoid single-use plastic waste at all cost. We believe that our brand is not just a business but a movement. We aim to contribute to solving the plastic waste problem and are committed to educating our customers about the importance of sustainable living.
Chey Haircare isn't just about creating fabulous hair; it's also about supporting our environment. Why did we choose to go plastic-free? Let us share some eye-opening reasons:
- Every minute, the equivalent of a garbage truck's worth of plastic is dumped into our oceans. This is an alarming reality that demands immediate attention.
- The majority of ocean pollution originates from human activities on land. It's our responsibility to make a change.
- Countless animals suffer and die each year due to plastic pollution. They mistake plastic bags for food, leading to severe consequences. As a vegan and devoted animal lover, our founder Chey felt compelled to avoid plastic at all costs.
- By 2050, it is predicted that there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish. This shocking statistic highlights the urgency of our mission.
- Embracing a plastic-free approach will benefit future generations and contribute to the overall well-being of our planet.
Join us in our journey towards sustainable living and protecting our environment. Together, we can make a difference for a better future.